Friends of Caithness Horizons Museum and Art Gallery:
We're at capacity with our volunteers programme at the moment but if you're interested in getting involved, please get in touch and we will let you know when we plan another training day.
We're looking for an experienced marketing officer to join the team on a part time basis. If you’ve got a relevant qualification or have a proven track record of marketing success, we would be thrilled to hear from you. The ideal candidate would have an understanding of the heritage sector in Caithness and be creative with ideas to engage with customers and reach new audiences. You will also be flexible and be available for the odd weekend/evening cover when specific events arise. The hours of work are normally between 8am-5.30pm and the available position is for 16hours per week.
To apply, please send a CV with a covering letter with your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 13th July.
Should you have experience using Hootsuite, Squarespace and individual social media platforms for business purposes, please include evidence in your application.
· Developing the Caithness Horizons brand
· Creating relevant, compelling press releases
· Creating relevant, compelling content for the Museum blog
· Managing social media platforms and maintaining social media engagement
· Updating the Museum website
· Designing adverts for publications
· Working with external partners and organisations to promote the heritage of Caithness
· Keeping a firm control on the marketing budget
· Designing posters
· Sending monthly newsletters to various stakeholders advertising the Museum’s achievements and next steps
· Keeping abreast of the ever changing world of marketing and proactively seeking new ways to reach customers
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Confident using computers
· High level of attention to detail
· A good team player who can work as a team and independently